Melaka Manipal Medical College (MMMC) is a renowned private medical institution with a hallmark of academic excellence and an enviable track record in providing quality medical education. The medical and dental programmes at MMMC are carried out in collaboration with the esteemed Manipal University, India (formerly known as Manipal Academy of Higher Education) established in July 1993 when its professional colleges were granted university status, making it the first institute in the private sector to be recognised as a deemed university by the government of India.
MMMC is committed to providing a curriculum which offers diverse learning opportunities. Students develop a broad range of knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to practice medicine. A well-planned, highly effective curriculum taught by dedicated faculty members, places emphasis on the correlation between basic science and clinical science training. At MMMC, the commitment to excellence is one that is inspired by the life and tempered by ethical service to the nation and humanity.
MMMC is the preferred institution as students acquire the best of both worlds in medical education and health delivery through:
- Excellent technical and professional education
- Qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty and staff
- The time spent in India giving the student a strong exposure to Basic Sciences and morbidity patterns related to the socio-economic status and cultural practices of another country
- Living in a multidisciplinary university campus at Manipal, and giving the student a unique cross-cultural experience and building confidence and independence
- Becoming a part of an esteemed educational system with an international reputation and worldwide alumni
- The clinical phase carried out in government hospitals in Malaysia where the students work with patients and staff from different ethnic backgrounds akin to their own. This allows for effective communication and rapport and seamless merger into the Malaysian health delivery system.
- MBBS and BDS degree recognised by the Malaysian Medical Council, WHO and IMED
- Preparing the students for global competition.
- Quality and affordable education
- Modern, purpose-built academic facilities and a well-stocked resource centre
- Purposely built ten-storey building for BDS programme housing Dental Clinic and other facilities.
- Good teaching and learning facilities
- A wide range of recreational facilities
- Student-centred learning
- Good hostel accommodation
- Dynamic academic experience
We bring the best of both worlds!
This is the sole reason we are different from others.
Pre-Clinical training at Manipal University (our Manipal Campus) will ensure that our student receives the BEST theory part of Medicine (MBBS) and Dental (BDS) education. This excellent theory knowledge will prove very useful once they come back to Melaka Campus for the next phase of their training. No other place on earth can offer the better facility to gain knowledge of Human Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, and Forensic Medicine & Clinical Skills like Manipal University.
“It is faster to comprehend skill (practical) if you know why you do it (theory)”
Clinical training back at Melaka Campus, on the other hand, will equip our student with up-to-date clinical skill essential for them to become the best doctor or dentist. Students will learn all discipline in Medicine and Dentistry by rotation. Our MBBS students were sent to local (Malaysian) government hospital for training while our BDS student will be studying in our own Dental Clinic (in campus area) to enhance their skill set.
“we have the focus to produce the best doctors and dentists!"
Programmes taught in: