Name of the program: Specialty of Nursing in Intensive Care
DGP key: 456711
Normal period to graduate: 3 semesters
Diploma that confers: Specialty of Nursing in Intensive Care
Campus where it is offered: Hermosillo
Form Nursing Specialists in Critical Care, competitive in the workplace for the assistance of patients in a critical state of health through specialized deepening of knowledge, skills and clinical skills in the field, as well as attitudinal competencies, developing professional competencies they require for the attention of the patient that they allow him to reach and to maintain the maximum capacity and / or well-being to preserve the life, to prevent and to limit disabilities, using for it the methodology of the Nursing Process.
- Provide nursing care and comprehensive care to patients in critical condition during their stay in the areas of shock, emergency, intermediate therapy and intensive care.
- Encourage the continuous improvement of the quality of care through the use of innovative models in nursing care.
- Acquire skill in the use of technology to provide quality nursing care.
- Design health education interventions with patients and their caregivers.
- Develop the analytical capacity of the nurse who participates in the health-disease process, in order to regulate their professional activity.
- Analyze the responsibilities that correspond to the exercise of the nursing profession, as well as the sanctions that society imposes, embodied in laws, codes and regulations that concern nursing.
- Acquire ability to identify problems subject to research and apply the Scientific Methodology.
What Will Your Competencies Be When You Finish The Programme?
The student will be competent to apply the knowledge, skills and attitudes in the care of the patient in critical condition.
- It uses and keeps updated in the biotechnology of its area for the efficient attention of the health problems that threaten the life of the patient.
- It has psychic conditions to deal with emergencies and stressful situations in a balanced way.
- It is kept up to date in the specialized health literature in the area of critical care.
- Read and translate articles from English into Spanish of your specialty.
- He has knowledge of the different techniques, methods and teaching aids in the teaching-learning process.
- Knows and identifies the effects and causes of drugs used in critically ill patients.
- Know the anatomy and physiology of the human body to locate the existing pathologies.
- Health promotion (health education, health advice).
- Determines the research methods in nursing.
- Distinguishes the methodology in process management.
- Provides nursing care to the patient in a critically ill state, prior to physical assessment, in order to determine human responses and develop nursing diagnoses focused on the problem, risk and health promotion.
- Plans, executes and evaluates the care plan in order to determine the achievement of the expected results, product of the nursing intervention.
- It avoids complications derived from the handling of necessary techniques and procedures in the provision of critical patient care.
- Make immediate decisions about the care of the patient in critical condition when the situation endangers life.
- Recognizes and attends to the emotional needs of the patient in critical condition and of his family.
- Provides comprehensive, intensive and individualized nursing care to critically ill patients.
- Designs and conducts research studies under the qualitative and quantitative approach related to the problem of critically ill patients.
- Provides human and material resources necessary for the execution of nursing activities.
- Applies the administrative process in the management of the nursing service.
- Monitors and evaluates the quality of care provided to each patient.
- Evaluates the performance of the quality, performance and productivity indicators of the nursing staff.
- It uses communication skills for the correct interaction with the patient, family and work team.
- It identifies the metabolic requirements, as well as the administration route according to the patient's condition and critical state.
Attitudes and Values
- Participates in training programs for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Participate in local, national and international scientific events.
- Applies ethical and bioethical aspects related to professional practice and personal behavior towards the patient in critical condition.
- It fosters and maintains harmonious human relations with the multidisciplinary health team.
List of subjects
- Nursing Research Seminar I
- Pathophysiology I
- Advanced Nursing I
- Theoretical-Methodological Foundations of Nursing
- Pathophysiology II
- Advanced Nursing II
- Nursing Research Seminar II
- Nursing Management
- Nursing Clinic Residence
- Therapeutic Communication
- Health promotion
- Evidence-Based Nursing
- Health and Safety at Work
Lines of generation and / or application of knowledge of the program.
- Education and Health Promotion
This line includes research on the formation of human resources, monitoring of graduates and the labour market, in the different levels and areas of health, including critical care, as well as aspects related to health education and health promotion.
- Nursing and Health Practices
This line includes the realization of research projects oriented to the integral care of Nursing during the life cycle of the human being, including aspects related to the care to the user in critical condition, use of the health systems, health practices in the elderly and those related to reproductive health. This line will allow, in addition to the acquisition and generation of new knowledge, the link with the majority and most vulnerable populations.
- Health and Work
This line emphasizes the health of workers, acts on the following topics: illness and the prevention of occupational hazards, musculoskeletal disorders related to work, mental and behavioral disorders related to work and labour violence.
Dr. María Olga Quintana Zavala
Dra. Rosa María Tinajero González
Dr. Rosa Elena Salazar Ruibal
Dr. Julio Alfredo García Puga
MC Claudia Figueroa Ibarra
How to enter this postgraduate course?
Deliver the following documents to the Nursing Department:
- Original birth certificate.
- Certificate of Nursing Degree, certifying that the applicant obtained a minimum of 80 (eighty), on a scale of zero to one hundred or its equivalent.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or professional examination certificate.
- Curriculum Vitae (Summary).
- Letter of statement of reasons (maximum 2 pages of admission to the program, addressed to the Coordinator of the Specialty of Nursing in Intensive Care
- Payment of school fees.
- Presentation of EXANI III.
- 3 black and white children's photos (recent).
In the case of applications for admission in which revalidation, equivalences or commutation of studies are required, the provisions of Chapter XIII of the Graduate Studies Regulations of the Universidad de Sonora will be met.
The admission process for students who wish to enter this program is transparent and rigorous, as well as ensuring that applicants have the necessary prior knowledge to complete the Specialization program in Nursing in Intensive Care. The procedure begins when the student requests his entrance meeting the requirements of the call. The applicant to enter the program must have a training in the area of nursing. The selection process is carried out by the admission committee appointed ex-profeso by the academic committee of the program and composed of three professors from the basic academic core. Based on the analysis of the documents, the admission committee makes a pre-selection of the candidates and the preselected students are interviewed by said committee. The interview is developed based on a previously established scheme where several axes are addressed such as: background, interest, expectations, analytical skills and argumentation. After evaluating the relevant aspects considered in the interview, the admission committee issues an opinion where it proposes the acceptance of the candidates who, in their opinion, meet previously established criteria. At the conclusion of the process, the admission committee prepares a report which is delivered to the academic committee, who analyzes it and determines definitively if the applicant is admitted to the program and, if applicable, issues a final opinion approving their application. entry.
Applicants for the Specialty in Nursing in Intensive Care must possess the following knowledge, skills and attitudes:
- Complying with the level or percentage established by the Academic Committee of the program.
- Knowledge about computer programs.
- Bachelor of Nursing, as well as deepening the basic knowledge of the profession.
- Have analysis, synthesis and learning skills.
- Basic computer skills, as well as the use of search engines on the Internet to locate information.
- Skills for problem solving and decision making.
- Critical and self-critical capacity.
- Interpersonal skills, interdisciplinary work capacity.
- Provision for interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary team work.
- Effective communication.
- Social and institutional commitment as a health professional.
- Interest and availability for the development of research.
- Commitment to successfully carry out your professional objectives.
- Spirit of academic improvement.
- Respect for one's own work and that of others.
What do you need to get the degree?
To obtain the specialty diploma, you must:
- Approve the total credits and meet the other requirements established in the corresponding graduate program.
- Pass the specialty examination in the written phase and in the oral phase before a jury named ex profeso; Y
- Comply with the provisions and requirements demanded by the School Services Department for the issuance of the corresponding specialty diploma.
The Specialty of Nursing in Intensive Care, with professional guidance, offers the student the following options for obtaining the degree, which will be carried out individually:
- Case study
How much does it cost to study this postgraduate course?
Cost of the EXANI-III
The registration cost of applicants to enter the Universidad de Sonora is announced annually along with the first entry notice. Check this information for the last year: http://posgradoenfermeria.uson.mx/
Registration and tuition fees
Students, when enrolling in any of the graduate programs, must cover the corresponding fees according to the current minimum wage in the city of Hermosillo, as established in the Quotas Regulation. Check this information for the last year: fees and discounts by subject http://www.serviciosescolares.uson.mx/
The infrastructure fee is: $ 8,000 each semester.
Dr. Sandra Lidia Peralta Peña
Building 10B high floor, in Blvd. Luis Encinas, s / n. Hermosillo, Sonora.
Tel: 52 (662) 259.21.65 Ext. 4727
href = "http://posgradoenfermeria.uson.mx
About the School
La Universidad de Sonora es una institución pública autónoma que tiene como misión formar, en programas educativos de calidad y pertinencia, profesionales integrales y competentes a nivel nacional e i ... Read More