A prestigious Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Trials in distance learning
This degree is for experienced professionals who wish to broaden their role in the design, management, analysis, and reporting of clinical trials. It will also benefit anyone wishing to understand more about trials before moving into this field.
The programme aims to:
- develop your knowledge and understanding of the key decisions surrounding the design, delivery, and assessment of clinical trials;
- encourage critical and evaluative skills that will help you reach independent scientific judgment;
- teach you how to apply the conceptual and practical tools needed to initiate clinical trials;
- promote self-development by providing an environment for you to practice skills of selection, assimilation, and communication.
The course is developed by the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), Europe's leading postgraduate medical institution in the subjects of public health and tropical medicine.
Studying individual modules on a stand-alone basis is an ideal option if you wish to update your professional knowledge or sample the programme. The fee is £1,900 per module.
How you study
The course allows you to study independently, at a time and pace that suits you (subject to some course-specific deadlines).
As a distance-learning student, you'll receive:
Comprehensive learning materials
Your materials are provided via a dedicated Virtual Learning Environment. These include:
- Study guides, textbooks, and student handbooks.
- Additional computer software, where required (e.g. Stata).
- Vibrant graphics, plus interactive diagrams and tables.
- Access to past examination papers and Examiners' reports.
- Access to the School's online library resources.
- Outstanding tutorial support
You can take part in academic discussions with tutors and fellow students via the online portal. Tutors are allocated to each module and are available for queries and discussion during the academic year.
Blended learning options
If you successfully complete a number of core modules, you may become eligible to study up to two modules in London. Full details are sent to all distance learning students in July of each year.
Late application fee
Applicants who submit applications on or after 1 June 2017 will be required to pay an application fee of £100 at the point of submission, which will be deducted from the balance of fees payable upon registration. If the application does not result in registration, the application fee will not be refunded. No application fee will apply to applications submitted on or before 31 May 2017.
The London School has a partnership with the Said Foundation, which offers funding opportunities to Syrian, Lebanese, Jordanian or Palestinian nationals.
Structure and syllabus
Postgraduate Diploma: 8 (4 compulsory core plus four elective modules)
Note: for MSc and Postgraduate Diploma Clinical Trials, for the elective modules, at least three modules must be taken from selection group CTM2. The remaining module(s) can be chosen from other CTM2 modules, or selection groups EPM3, IDM2, IDM3, IDM5 or PHM2 selection groups.
APPLY TODAY here