Master’s Degree in Medical Physiology and Pharmacology
University of Florida
The University of Florida’s online master’s degree in medical physiology and pharmacology provides students with a broad understanding of physiology and pharmacology with an emphasis on human systems. In this concise but comprehensive program, students will explore the nervous, cardiovascular, digestive, renal/excretory, respiratory, integumentary, endocrine, reproductive and musculoskeletal systems.
Developed as a collaboration between UF’s Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics and Department of Physiology and Functional Genomics within the College of Medicine, this program is for individuals who want to enhance their medical school application by gaining practical, foundational knowledge in the medical field or advance their careers by distinguishing themselves academically.
This 30-credit program requires 15 credits focused on medical physiology and 15 credits focused on medical pharmacology, ensuring students gain an advanced scientific understanding of major human body systems, the impact of drugs on living organisms at the cellular and molecular levels and normal and abnormal conditions within human body systems.
Students can complete this online master’s degree in as little as one year. Courses are offered entirely online and can be completed at your own pace. The GRE is not required for admission into the program.
Student Learning Outcomes
As they progress through the program, students will:
- Develop an in-depth comprehension of the nomenclature of drugs and biologics.
- Understand and define the principles of pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics and neuropharmacology.
- Explore and identify the stages of drug discovery, principles of drug-target interactions and pharmacogenetics as it relates to the individual responses to drugs.
- Gain working knowledge of human systems of the body as they relate to physiology and pharmacology.
- Analyze and discuss the physiology and pharmacology of hypertension and the quantitative measurements involved in pulmonary physiology.
- Discover pharmacology as it relates to cancer, integument, antimicrobials and antiparasitics.
Tuition is $550 per credit hour plus fees* for all students, regardless of where they live. This program does not accept the UF EEP or Florida State Tuition Waiver.
Master’s degree students are eligible for federal financial aid. Please contact Susana Morales, our financial aid advisor, to learn more about aid options.
To apply to the online master’s degree in medical physiology and pharmacology program, you’ll need the following:
- A bachelor’s degree
- A strong science foundation with a minimum of five full semesters of courses related to biology, chemistry and/or physics
- An upper-division GPA of 3.0
- Official transcripts from every college or university attended
- $30 application fee
About the School
Our mission is to promote health through outstanding and high-quality patient care; innovative and rigorous education in the health professions and biomedical sciences; and high-impact research across ... Read More