The day to day work with people in the field of health, as in education or social, requires new resources and constant renewal. That is why Assisted Therapy with Animals comes as part of an intervention in which the animal is a fundamental part of it, becoming a support for treatments, a facilitator of therapeutic processes and a centre of interest that will help us contribute to the overall development of the person.
As Assisted Interventions with Animals have evolved (encompassing both therapies and education), they have required, increasingly, a highly specialized training such as the Master in Animal Assisted Therapy is a pioneer for its interdisciplinary nature . It has the best teachers in the sector and is based on a methodology based on the combination of practical learning and theoretical knowledge. It is also aimed at obtaining results within a comprehensive training framework, encompassing all aspects that affect the practice of assisted interventions with animals.
Master's Programme in Animal Assisted Therapy
- Introduction to assisted animal interventions (IAA). Design and evaluation of IAA.
- Behavior, learning and animal welfare.
- Assisted interventions with horses.
- Assisted interventions with dogs.
- Assisted interventions with animals with other animals.
- Assisted interventions with dogs in geriatrics.
- Interventions assisted with dogs in social intervention.
- Assisted interventions with dogs in disability I: IAA in mental health / IAA in ADHD / IAA in special education.
- Assisted interventions with dogs in disability II: IAA in acquired brain injury / IAA in ASD.
- Interventions assisted with dogs in disability II: IAA in cerebral palsy / IAA in intellectual and sensory disability.
- IAA in other areas I: home care / emotional intelligence.
- IAA in other areas II: health care / physiotherapy.
- IAA in other areas III: early stimulation and psychomotricity.
- Clinical cases with dogs and horses.
Final work of master.
Director - Master in Animal Therapy
Javier Vallejo. Social educator. Expert and technician in Animal Assisted Interventions. Coordinator of social projects of the Asociación Animal Nature. Instructor of Dogs of Therapy and Assistance.
Competences of the Master in Assisted Therapy with Animals
- You will detect a reality susceptible to working with animals.
- You will define which animal is suitable for each intervention.
- Determine the objectives of intervention.
- You will create evaluation registration mechanisms that allow objectively assess the fulfillment of objectives.
- You will design a program of activities according to the objectives, space, professionals and resources.
- Coordinate and manage animal-assisted intervention programs.
- You will enhance the skills of the professional in the assisted intervention with animals.
- You will know the different realities susceptible of an assisted intervention with animals to the professional.
- You will acquire coping tools for contingencies and conflicts that arise in the sessions of the assisted intervention with animals.
Acknowledgments - Master's Degree in Animal Therapy
- Recognition of Animal Nature Training and Research SL .
- Recognition of the Animal Nature Association .
- Recognition of the Blue Dogs Association .
- Recognition of the Río Safari Elche Foundation of the Valencian Community
- Recognition of Askal, dogs for deaf people .
- Recognition of Yaracan
- Recognition of APPOINTMENT, Integral Center of Therapies and Animals
- Recognition of Ilerkan
- Recognition of Psychoanimal
- Recognition of Wow Therapy
- Recognition of Grupo Lur
- Animal Dogtor Recognition
- Training Recognition
- Recognition of ACANA, Associació Canina d'Andorra
- Recognition of Equidade
- Perruneando Recognition
- Recognition of Epona Equinoterapia
- Arrandeterra Recognition
- Souling Recognition
- Interlaced Recognition
Recipients of the Master in Assisted Therapy with Animals
Graduates and graduates in specialties within the field of health, education or social, as well as psychologists, educators, teachers, pedagogues, psychopedagogues, insertion technicians and health professionals such as medicine, nursing, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy , neuropsychology and social work.
You work - Master in Animal Therapy
You will work with children, adolescents and adults with different types of physical, intellectual, sensory disabilities ..., senior citizens with or without disabilities, minors at social risk, drug addictions, women victims of gender violence, students in educational centers, people with different psychological problems or psychiatric, people admitted for some type of illness, people interned in prison, people with problems at the speech-therapy level, etc.
The intervention centers that may require a professional of assisted intervention with animals are public, private and arranged educational centers, libraries, residences for the elderly, disability day centers, sheltered apartments, reception centers, reform centers for minors, social and cultural centers, open spaces for street education, prisons, cabinets of speech therapy, psycho-pedagogy, psychology, associations and foundations of disability, early care centers, etc.
About the School
El Instituto Superior de Estudios Psicológicos, ISEP, es una institución privada europea de formación superior e intervención clínica en las áreas de psicología clínica, neurociencias, psicopedagogía ... Read More