The Master of Nursing is designed to position you at the forefront of innovation and best practice in the nursing profession.
The program is for registered nurses who want to advance their academic qualifications and contribute to the transformation of clinical practice in the UAE and will provide you with the specialized practical and leadership skills to take your nursing career to the next level.
As a nursing professional you’ve already committed to changing people’s lives for the better. The Master of Nursing at UOWD will help you to:
- Make a difference at a societal level, by taking on a strategic role in the advancement of the UAE healthcare sector.
- Enhance your investigative, critical analysis and problem-solving skills in the context of both academic principles and professional practices.
- Exercise initiative judgment, and advanced communication within a professional, ethical and holistic approach.
- Develop specialized skills in the application of competent, caring and professional nursing practice in the workplace.
- Set your learning in a wider professional context by furthering your knowledge and appreciation of local, national and global healthcare perspectives.
- Plan and deliver a substantial, empirical, research-based project to develop a unique knowledge base that will help you to specialize in a particular field of nursing.
The program will build on your commitment to improving clinical practice by introducing you to recent developments in healthcare and building your knowledge of research principles and methods in nursing practice. With these skills, you will be well placed to take on strategic leadership roles in the UAE’s growing healthcare sector.
To help position you at the forefront of innovation and best practice in nursing, the program also allows you to plan and deliver a substantial, empirical, research-based project. Through this, you will develop a unique knowledge base that will help you to specialize in a particular field of nursing.
Accreditation and Recognition
On successful completion of the program, you will be awarded the UOWD Master of Nursing qualification. The program is accredited by the UAE Ministry of Education, through the Commission of Academic Accreditation.
All our degrees are quality assured by UOW Australia, which is registered with the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA), the national regulator of higher education in Australia. Upon graduation, you can choose either a degree from UOWD or a degree from UOW Australia.
Programme Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the Master of Nursing, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge about the recent development in health and an appreciation of concepts and perspectives associated with nursing practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of research principles and methods pertinent to health in particular nursing practice.
- Demonstrate advanced skills in investigating, analyzing and synthesizing information, problems, concepts, and theories.
- Demonstrate advanced skills in designing, applying, generating and evaluating theories, methodologies, and concepts for the professional practice of scholarship.
- Demonstrate advanced skills in critical thinking and reflection.
- Demonstrate advanced skills in justifying, interpreting and communicating propositions, methodologies, conclusions and professional decisions.
- Promote and implement the application of advanced communication, problem-solving and critical reasoning in professional nursing practice.
- Articulate the application of knowledge and skills in planning and executing a substantial empirical based research-based initiative.
- Demonstrate initiative and judgment using a professional, ethical and holistic approach advocating for excellence in nursing.
- Demonstrate Knowledge of the contexts of nursing and an appreciation of the local, national and global health care perspectives.
- Demonstrate advanced skills in the application of competent, caring and professional nursing practice in the workplace.
You will study a total of nine subjects that combine to provide a comprehensive blend of practical, strategic and research skills to enable you to lead positive change at both the clinical and industry level. Among these nine courses are eight taught subjects and one independent research project that gives you the opportunity to explore an academically-oriented area of your own interest.
- SNPG950 Reflection for Practice
- SNPG923 Legal and Professional Issues
- SNPG903 Development in Nursing Care
- SNPG915 Essential Skills for Health Researchers
- SNPG927 Promoting Clinical Excellence
- SNPG902 Effective Management in Health
- SNPG925 Effective Leadership in Health
- SNPG959 Tools for Practice Development
- SNPG905 Minor Project
About the School
We have combined the academic excellence of Australia’s 12th highest ranking university with the culture and excitement of the cosmopolitan city of Dubai, to provide a dynamic, stimulating and rewardi ... Read More