This exciting new full-time Master's programme has been developed as a response to an identified need in the international market for a post-graduate programme which focuses on health care management. The purpose of the Master of Health Sciences (International Healthcare Management) is to prepare nurses/healthcare professionals to assume the role of manager/leaders in varioushealthcaree settings globally. As there is a continued emphasis on corporate governance, fiscal sustainability and leadership accountability, employment opportunities and board positions within this sector will be in demand. Graduates with this knowledge base and skill set will be set to take up these responsibilities and apply this knowledge for the public good.
Module/Subject Titles include:
The MHSc comprises of 7 modules. The modular programme will be delivered over one year and be worth 90 ECTS
- Principles and Practice of Management (10 ECTS).
- Strategic Management and Leadership (10 ECTS).
- Information, Measurement, and Evaluation (10 ECTS).
- Quality Health Care Management (10 ECTS).
- Ethical Practice in Health Care Management (10 ECTS).
- Managing Finance in Health Care Organisations (10 ECTS).
- Change Management Project (30 ECTS).
What are the programme entry criteria for International Students?
- A primary degree (min 2:2) in Nursing or a Health Sciences/Studies related degree.
- Minimum of two years post registration nursing/health related experience.
- Evidence of registration in the country of residence (if applicable).
- A score of 6.5 in the IELTS Exam (http://www.ielts.org/ for information on IELTS tests) or equivalent English Language score.
- Completed application form which includes a personal statement.
- Original academic documentation & experiential records to support application.
Completed application form; review of academic transcripts; proof of English Language Score and document detailing the rationale for undertaking programme and how it will contribute to your practice. Degree ECTS weighting: 90 credits.
What are the advantages of completing the MHSc (International Healthcare Management) at St. Angela's College?
Specifically designed and developed innovative modules to ensure you:
- Learn to engage in strategic management/leadership planning.
- Engage with global management frameworks, theories & tools.
- Plan meaningful change in an organisational context.
- Engage in proactive healthcare management in differing contexts and cultures.
How is this achieved?
- Small groups with academic support.
- Variety of teaching and learning strategies to facilitate student education & learning.
- Availability of a dedicated International Student Tutor.
When does the programme start?
16th January 2017 (students must be in Ireland from 9th January for induction) How much does the programme cost?
About the School
St. Angela’s College, Sligo, a College of the National University of Ireland, Galway, is a provider of University-level education and research in the North West of Ireland. As a College within the w ... Read More