Master in Physical Activity and Active Living prepares you for a career in promoting optimal health, physical activity, and fitness.
Supported by the latest research and practice, the central focus of the program is physical activity promotion.
The core topics include:
- Determinants of exercise adoption and adherence;
- Childhood obesity;
- Functional independence for seniors;
- Management in physical activity (PA);
- Biomedical aspects of health, prescription of physical activity, wellness and fitness;
- Recreation and active living;
- Counselling in PA;
- Chronic disease management;
- Research methodology in health sciences, monitoring of PA;
- Strategies, policies and innovations in PA;
- Factors related to lifestyle behaviour changes;
- Internships in PA and active living.
Offered internships allow students to gain professional experience in all segments of fitness, wellness, health promotion, and the allied health professions.
Students of PAAL can choose minor in:
- Sport Pedagogy (preparing them to work in school settings);
- Adapted Physical Activity (where they focus on diversity of needs of persons across different age groups and disabilities).
Career opportunities for graduates include:
- Worksite health promotion;
- Wellness and health promotion specialist;
- Programme or facility coordinator in fitness clubs (industrial and private) or schools;
- Personal fitness trainer;
- Group exercise coordinator;
- Governmental agencies specialist.
Opportunities to grow:
- Industry in field of human motion;
- Internships on national or international level;
- International cooperation (sharing teaching and methods across universities);
- Gaining certification (under the student responsibility to pay the fee for certificates).
Application form to be submitted electronically through https://admission.upol.cz/.
- Curriculum vitae
- English language proficiency certificate
- 2 recommendation letters
- Copy of university diploma or recognition of Bachelor education
Interview (face-to-face or Skype) with the admission board.
Results to be announced by May 31.
Innovative and attractive features of this program are the integration of exercise and dietary interventions with an already established holistic philosophy of wellness through dozens of natural hot springs based spas built more than a hundred years ago. Sought and admired by millions of clients from all over the world these wellness centers provide opportunities for the PAAL students' internships and research.
Outline of study
120-credit programs in agreement with ECTS Bologna system, study easily recognizable worldwide. Major in Physical Activity and Active Living (PAAL) consists of common truncus courses, which provide solid bases for core theoretical areas including counseling and management issues related to active lifestyle and work with diverse population. Each major specialization consists of 40 credits (ECTS) of highly specialized and tailored courses essential for professional careers in PAAL. Students are required to choose a minor specialization, which equips them with complementary competencies broadening the career paths. Students of PAAL can choose minor in:
a)Sports Pedagogy (preparing them to work in school settings);
b)Adapted Physical Activity (where they focus on the diversity of needs of persons across different age groups and disabilities).
Interested to study with us?
For more details go to our web page or write to email@example.com.
Apply on: https://admission.upol.cz/
Deadline for applications: March 31
About the School
It is the university, together with a number of other educational institutions that makes Olomouc the top student city in the Czech Republic – where every fifth person in the city is a student!