Master in Physical Activity and Active Living prepares you for a career in promoting optimal health, physical activity, and fitness.
Supported by the latest research and practice, the central focus of the program is physical activity promotion including:
- Determinants of exercise adoption and adherence;
- Childhood obesity;
- Functional independence for seniors;
- Management in physical activity (PA);
- Biomedical aspects of health, prescription of physical activity, fitness and wellness;
- Recreation and active living;
- Counseling in PA;
- Chronic disease management;
- Research methodology in health sciences, monitoring of PA;
- Strategies, policies, and innovations in PA;
- Factors related to lifestyle behavior changes;
- Internships in PA and active living.
Offered internships allow students to gain professional experience in all segments of fitness, wellness, health promotion, and the allied health professions.
Career opportunities for graduates include
- Worksite health promotion;
- Wellness and health promotion specialist;
- Programme or facility coordinator in fitness clubs (industrial and private) or schools;
- Personal fitness trainer;
- Group exercise coordinator;
- Governmental agencies specialist.
Opportunities to grow
- Industry in field of human motion;
- Internships on national or international level;
- International cooperation (sharing teaching and methods across universities);
- Gaining certification (under the student responsibility to pay the fee for certificates).
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in the field of physical activity, fitness, wellness, exercise or related fields.
- Relevant and recent experience in wellness/fitness/sport and physical activity programming and/or administration.
- Commitment to and respect for an active lifestyle.
- English language competence (min. B2 according to CEFR) to be proven by English language certificates.
Innovative and attractive features of this program are the integration of exercise and dietary interventions with an already established holistic philosophy of wellness through dozens of natural hot springs based spas built more than a hundred years ago. Sought and admired by millions of clients from all over the world these wellness centers provide opportunities for the PAAL students' internships and research.
Outline of study
120-credit programs in agreement with ECTS Bologna system, study easily recognizable worldwide. Major in Physical Activity and Active Living (P AAL)consists of common truncus courses, which provide solid bases for core theoretical areas including counseling and management issues related to active lifestyle and work with diverse population. Each major specialization consists of 40 credits (ECTS) of highly specialized and tailored courses essential for professional careers in PAAL. Students are required to choose a minor specialization, which equips them with complementary competencies broadening the career paths. Students of PAAL can choose minor in:
a)Sports Pedagogy (preparing them to work in school settings);
b)Adapted Physical Activity (where they focus on the diversity of needs of persons across different age groups and disabilities).
Interested to study with us?
For more details go to our web page or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on: https://admission.upol.cz/
Program taught in: