Music is a tool for play, educational and therapeutic intervention that opens channels of expression and communication, prevents disorders, stimulates creativity and focuses on healthy emotions to normalize the conflict situation and stimulate learning.
The Master Music Therapy, designed for both professionals in psychology and education, teprepara to intervene in the improvement of communication skills and rehabilitation at the physical, cognitive and socio-emotional level of various groups, promoting the health of users through different techniques musicals. This training enables you to intervene in the expressiveness of people through music.
The ISEP methodology combines practical and theoretical training. It includes supervised music therapy practices and a didactic and therapeutic training process (self-experience).
The Master in Music Therapy is designed in accordance with the curricular guidelines established by the European Higher Education Area, the European Music Therapy Register (EMTR) and the Spanish Registry of Music Therapists (REMTA), following the criteria defined in the Technical Criteria Document for Be a Music Therapist in Spain.
It is a program of a high degree of specialization and professionalism and is part of the training itinerary that the student can choose from the Master's program in Artistic and Creative Therapies, where the Master in Art Therapy and the Master in Therapy are framed.
Master's Programme in Music Therapy
The different modules are structured in four areas of knowledge that are developed throughout the two courses in theoretical classes, workshops and practical activities:
- Psychology of Art
- Development Psychology
- Neuropsychological foundations of art.
- The link.
- Social psychology.
- Psychology of the Personality.
- Psychopathologies and artistic therapies.
- Research Methodology.
- Models of Psychotherapeutic Intervention.
- Basic concepts in psychotherapy.
- Procedures and competences in psychotherapy.
- Design and Intervention Techniques in Art Therapy.
- Ethics and Deontology.
Area of Art Therapies
- Theoretical Bases of Art.
- Methodology in Art Therapies.
- Codes and artistic languages.
- Elements and resources of artistic therapies.
- Principles and resources of intervention in music therapy.
- Intervention models in music therapy.
- Areas of application of music therapy.
- Body, Space, Movement.
- The voice.
- Body expression, biodanza, psicomotricidad.
Practices / Practice Report
Final work of master
The program in distance mode may contemplate some variation. Request more information
The completion of the Master in Music Therapy plus the completion of the Master's Degree in Art Therapy and / or the Master's Degree in Therapeutic Therapy involves obtaining and obtaining the Master's Degree in Artistic and Creative Therapies .
Competences of the Master in Music Therapy
- You will use music in communication with people in order to promote their well-being and development.
- You will develop the therapeutic skills and attitudes necessary for music therapy intervention.
- You will use music as a therapeutic means, deepening the technical and specific knowledge of the sound language.
- Integrate the different music therapy techniques through participation in group and individual experiences that allow them to experience them.
Recipients of the Master in Music Therapy
Psychologists, musicians, pedagogues, teachers, social educators, occupational therapists, speech therapists, with specific musical training.
Trabaja - Master in Music Therapy
You can work individually or within an interdisciplinary team, consisting of doctors, psychologists, physiotherapists, social workers, teachers, speech therapists and occupational therapists in:
- Hospitals, patient associations, residences for the elderly and private consultations.
- Public and private educational centers.
- Private foundations, NGOs and social projects.
About the School
El Instituto Superior de Estudios Psicológicos, ISEP, es una institución privada europea de formación superior e intervención clínica en las áreas de psicología clínica, neurociencias, psicopedagogía ... Read More