Why study MSc Cardiac Physiology at Middlesex?
Our Biomedical and Biological Science courses have a burgeoning international reputation, due to our world-class research in areas including biomarkers, public health and biomodelling. The university is home to the Centre for Investigative and Diagnostic Oncology, which has pioneered techniques for cancer diagnosis and treatment, including our breakthrough in the development of a vaccine for bladder cancer. Our teaching and research facilities surpass those at some UK medical schools, and our course will provide you with both in-depth practical experience and comprehensive, up-to-date theoretical knowledge. Our specialist clinical physiology laboratory houses a wide range of diagnostic equipment and is run by experienced practitioners.
As well as attending practical classes in the lab, you'll be able to use it for independent study and research, and will have access to specialist journals.
- As well as a sound knowledge of how different problems affect the heart, and modern diagnostic and research techniques, you'll develop the critical analysis skills needed for literature reviews and an understanding of relevant ethical issues.
- Our unique leadership and management module will give you additional skills to help you progress up the career ladder. You'll cover leadership and management theory, health and safety, quality control, research and statistical methods.
- Our staff are supportive and hands-on – ever-ready with advice on your studies, they're also known for their strong pastoral care and for going the extra mile for their students. All our teaching staff are involved in research and many are pioneers in their own field.
- The course will also improve your IT, numeracy, research, communication, teamwork, managerial, presentation and problem-solving skills.
- As a student of this course, you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
Program taught in: