The program's educational objectives of biomedical engineering are to integrate engineering and life science principles into a comprehensive curriculum, that prepares students for entry into the doctoral program, biomedical industry, or professional school. Primary research areas are biomedical imaging, biomedical implants and devices, cardiac electrophysiology, multi-scale computational modelling, tissue engineering and regenerative medicine.
The program provides graduates with a rigorous, broad-based advanced education in engineering coupled with applied biology that will prepare graduates for the many diverse career opportunities of biomedical engineering. Provide an empowering professional degree for students who intend to become practicing engineers.
The applicant is admitted in compliance with the Georgian Legislation.
Knowledge and understanding
- Deep knowledge of the field of Biomedical Engineering, critical understanding of theories and principles, understanding of field’s complex issues;
- Develop a thorough understanding of advanced principles in Biomedical Engineering. Awareness of current and leading-edge topics in Biomedical Engineering.
- To understand the biological bases of the assessments routinely performed by Biomedical Engineers
- In the use of the specification for the field of Biomedical Engineering problem-solving methods;
- Development of research or practical projects in the accordance;
- Develop critical review skills, in the area of Bio-Medical Engineering.
- To develop the ability to critically evaluate current advances in issues and controversies in the area of Biomedical Engineering.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to biomedical engineering problems.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyse and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An ability to make measurements on and interpret data from living systems, addressing the problems associated with the interaction between living and non-living materials and systems.
- A knowledge of biology and physiology.
- Clear public presentation of opinions in accordance with corresponding knowledge and logic for a professional and general audience.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering and computing tools necessary for engineering practice.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- The capability to apply advanced mathematics (including differential equations and statistics), science, and engineering to solve the problems at the interface of engineering and biology.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context, also analysis of abstract data and/or situations analysis by the mean of standard and some distinctive methods and form of the reasoned conclusions on their basis
- An ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Preparing for detailed written reporting concerning Ideas, existing problems, and their solutions.
- Information passing orally to professionals and non-professionals in утпдшыр and foreign languages.
- Creative use of modern engineering, information, and communication technologies.
- Skill to communicate in native and foreign languages.
- Multilateral and consistent assessment of own learning process;
- Determining of necessity of further studying;
- Determining of directions of own learning, with the goals of enrichment of professional knowledge and experience.
- Participation in the process of values formation and aspirations to their sustainable implementation;
- Defense of professional values (accuracy, punctuality, objectivity, transparency, organisation, etc.);
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
Forms and Methods of achieving the learning outcomes
Seminar (working in the group)
Consult Forms and Methods of achieving the learning outcomes are included in the Educational Programme and can be found via the following link: http://www.gtu.ge/quality/pdf/sc.pdf
Spheres of Employment
Organizations and companies which perform: improve equipment, such as heart valves and artificial limbs as well as contribute to developing various medical devices such as heart pacemakers. They may research with scientists, chemists, and physicians in hospitals and universities. They also help maintain and monitor complex medical systems while working in hospitals. Enormous job opportunities in varied spheres like medical equipment manufacturing, orthopedic and rehabilitation engineering, molecular, cellular and tissue engineering in public and incorporate sectors are available for the biomedical engineers. They can also be absorbed in hospitals to provide valuable advice on the status of medical equipment.
Biomedical engineers can also employ themselves in research activities by working harmoniously with doctors in the field of computational mechanics, physiology, medicine and invent cutting-edge technology.
About the School
Georgian Technical University (GTU) is one of the biggest educational and scientific institutions in Georgia. The university’s main focus is to improve its position on the international higher educati ... Read More