- Language: English B2 level or IELTS 5.0/TOEFL 55
- Credits: 120 ECTS
- Begins: September 15th
- Study type: Full-time
- Duration: 2 years
- Annual tuition fee: 1137,93 EUR; Non-Europe – 2000 EUR
- Prerequisites: Bachelor’s degree in Sports, Rehabilitation/ Physiotherapy, Public health, Educology, Ergo therapy.
- Diploma: Master of Health sciences
This is a unique university study program with the aim to train graduates in adapted physical activity (APA) who are capable to perform independent research, work as leaders and experts in the field of empowerment of persons with disabilities for pursuing independence, equal rights, and opportunities as well as advocacy in order to maintain an active, healthy lifestyle.
- Ability to use advanced modern tools for testing and assessing biosocial and social functions, emotions and behavior, and physical capacity in persons with disabilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of the provisions of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and their application of persons and their application in terms of equal opportunities and social inclusion.
- Ability to critically evaluate and affect social policy in cases where discrimination or segregation of persons with disabilities is observed in society.
- Knowledge of strategies for the organisation of inclusive physical activities for persons with disabilities and awareness about the possibilities for using them to sustain the physical condition of persons with disabilities through cross-sector collaboration.
The learning outcomes of successful graduates relate to working independently to conduct research and/or continue third-cycle studies, make decisions based on research results, assume researcher, the management or expertise responsibilities and establish themselves in the labour market (either as employed persons or employees). The potential employers of APA study program graduates are non-governmental organizations for people with disabilities, their branches, and day-care centers, public institutions of social protection, education and other departments who are required to implement international obligations in the areas of equal rights and opportunities for the country’s disabled people, as well as socially responsible private institutions in preparing and carrying out projects and activity programs and other organizational activities.
General Admission Requirements
Online admission procedure for international students
Foreign nationals can be admitted into English taught programs of the Lithuanian Sports University if they provide the legalized secondary school, high school, or college certificate or diploma. Transcripts must be officially translated into English.
The recommended English language skills for degree students at the start of their study period are B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) or corresponding IELTS (5.0), or TOEFL (55)*.
Legalization of Educational Documents
Applicants, who received their education in countries-members from the Hague 1961 Convention (e.g. Israel, Italy, India, United Kingdom, USA, Australia, Venezuela, etc.) should have an attached Apostille to their educational documents (in most countries the Apostille is issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of Education.)
The education documents of applicants who received their education in any other country (Lebanon, Jordan, Philippines, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, etc.) should be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the diplomatic mission or consular post of the country where education was received.
Steps of admission to LSU:
- Fill in and submit an online application form;
- Apply for and submit the recognition document of foreign qualifications issued by SKVC;
- Participate in SKYPE interview*;
- Receive a letter of acceptance;
- Apply for and receive a National D visa if needed;
- Come to Lithuania and start your studies.
*Admission Board can invite the applicant for the interview on Skype, before taking a final decision on admission.
- Admission Board will send the final decision in August 2-9,2021 on admission and informs the applicant by the Conditional letter of Acceptance;
- By submitting the documents applicant agrees for one’s information to be shared with other institutions that the University might refer to while processing the academic verification.
About the School
Lithuanian Sports University (LSU) is proud to be the only specialized university in Lithuania, which has been uniting Movement and Sports Science for over eight decades.