Master in Adapted Physical Activity prepares you for a career in promoting physical activity and active lifestyle of persons with special needs with the two-year degree in Adapted Physical Activity.
Supported by the latest research and practice, the central focus of the program is the physical activity of persons with disabilities:
- Inclusive and adapted physical education;
- Disability sports;
- Therapeutic recreation;
- Counseling in special education;
- Disability studies;
- Management in physical activity (PA);
- Counseling inactive lifestyle;
- Research methodology in health sciences, monitoring of PA;
- Factors related to lifestyle behavior changes;
- Internships in adapted physical activity and special education.
Offered internships allow students to gain professional experience in all segments of APA – schools, outdoor facilities, sport, fitness and rehabilitation centers.
Career opportunities for graduates include
- Adapted physical activity instructors in recreational settings.
- Adapted physical education teachers and consultants.
- Adapted physical activity instructors in rehabilitation settings.
- Consultants in healthy lifestyle, sport and physical activities of persons with disabilities
Opportunities to grow
- Internships on national or international level;
- International cooperation (sharing teaching and methods across universities);
- Gaining certification (under the student responsibility to pay the fee for certificates);
- Doctoral studies at Palacký University Olomouc.
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in the field of physical activity, kinesiology, sports studies.
- Relevant and recent experience with special needs population (incl. persons with disabilities).
- Commitment to and respect for active lifestyle and diversity.
- English language competence (min. B2 according to CEFR) to be proven by English language certificates.
Attractive features of this program are the integration of professional experience in various fields and the possibility to get engaged in a great variety of events (e.g. Special Olympics, Charity Fundraising, APA Carnival) and research projects.
Outline of study
120-credit programs in agreement with ECTS Bologna system, study easily recognizable worldwide. Major in Adapted Physical Activity (APA)consists of common truncus courses, which provide solid bases for core theoretical areas including counseling and management issues related to active lifestyle and work with diverse population. Each major specialization consists of 40 credits (ECTS) of highly specialized and tailored courses essential for professional careers in APA. Students are required to choose a minor specialization, which equips them with complementary competencies broadening the career paths. Students of APA can choose minor in:
a)Sports Pedagogy (preparing them to work in school settings);
b)Leisure Studies (preparing them to work in leisure and recreation areas).
Interested to study with us?
For more details go to our web page or write to email@example.com.
Apply on: https://admission.upol.cz/