A four-year professional degree in Bachelor of Health Sciences in Podiatry (BHS Podiatry). Students begin their clinical training i.e. treating patients during the second year of study.
- Institute a comprehensive podiatric service to all sectors of the community.
- Manage a clinical practice for both the public and private sectors.
- Apply health and safety regulations, guidelines, and codes of practice in the performance of podiatric services ensuring personal safety and safety of others.
- Conduct research in order to advance professional development.
- Provide podiatric health education to individuals, families, groups, and communities.
StockSnap / Pixabay
At the University of Johannesburg “The Future. Reimagined.” is not simply a catchy phrase
The institution is taking the lead across Africa in the 4th Industrial Revolution Thinking, reimagining the future for all disciplines 4IR is the next wave of industrialization that we need to understand and shape in order to build the future of this country – and the Africa continent – so richly deserve. 4IR is not just about robotics and automation; it is about the advancement of society to empower people and uplift generations.
As the world moves forward into the 4th industrial revolution, so does UJ with “Education 4IR” – bringing 4IR thinking and technology into the curriculum across different courses and using innovative blended-learning technologies. This means that UJ graduates are better prepared to embrace the future of business and industry as AI and 4IR play a bigger part in the way we live and work.
At the University of Johannesburg, it is our duty to embrace and navigate the future leaders of our country proudly and boldly through the unimagined complexities of 4IR so that they may take full advantage and deliver a better tomorrow. Future leaders like you! Here we are leading courageous conversation; pushing and shaping the design of a new tomorrow. Here we are taking action and building the new world.
- Minimum APS: 28
- English: 5 (60%+)
- Mathematics: 4 (50%+)
- Mathematics Literacy: Not applicable
- Physical Sciences: 4 (50%+) or Life Sciences: 4 (50%+)
Podiatrists are health care professionals that deal with the examination, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of conditions and functions of the human foot, lower limb, and associated structures. Holders of the qualification will be entitled to register as independent practitioners with the HPCSA.
About the School
Vibrant, multicultural and dynamic, the University of Johannesburg (UJ) shares the pace and energy of cosmopolitan Johannesburg, the city whose name it carries. Proudly South African, the university i ... Read More