The Pre-Medicine and Pre-Pharmacy Associate of Science degree program is designed for students who aspire to enter medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, or the pharmacy field. Preparation for the study of medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, and pharmacy requires a good general education foundation with as many courses as possible in biology, chemistry, and physics.
This two-year degree meets the prerequisites of a Bachelor of Science degree designed to prepare students for entry into medical, dental, veterinary, or pharmacy school. Students who complete the program are able to transfer as juniors to institutions that offer a four-year degree in these programs. Graduates have transferred to such prestigious schools as Boston University, Rutgers University, Rutgers University School of Pharmacy and Kean University.
Careers in the medical, dental, veterinary, and pharmacy professions continue to have-better-than average employment projections. Educational requirements, particularly in the sciences, are rigorous and precise and admission to baccalaureate pre-medical, pre-dental, and pre-veterinary programs and eventually to medical, dental, and veterinary schools is very competitive. Students are encouraged, therefore, to seek the assistance of the College’s Advising & Counseling Services staff to identify transfer institutions offering appropriate Bachelor of Science programs.
Graduates are able to:
- exhibit an understanding of scientific methods.
- use the theories and concepts of modern chemistry, biology, and physics to analyse and solve scientific problems.
- perform laboratory experiments using modern equipment and techniques.
- communicate the results of their analyses, laboratory investigations and literature searches in an appropriate professional writing style.
- understand both the historical perspective of the chemical and biological sciences, and their relationship to the modern world.
Duration & Price Tag
Start Date: Spring Term: January, Fall Term Late August/Early September
Duration: 2-3 years, full-time
Price: Request Information
Deadline: Spring is November 15th and Fall is June 1st
About the School
Raritan Community College is located in the suburban community of Branchburg, New Jersey, an hour’s drive from New York City. RVCC has been ranked as the best community college in New Jersey by BestC ... Read More